VS 2003 version of sproxy.exe

Mar 5, 2007 at 1:23 PM
Is there any chance we could get the VS2003 version of the code for sproxy.exe? There were some subtle changes between 2003 and 2005 for the C++ stub generation and being able to compare the two sources would be very informative...

Gordon.
Mar 6, 2007 at 2:02 AM
No, it is not possible to get VS2003 version of sproxy.exe. What is the change you are interested in?

Nikola
Mar 8, 2007 at 8:25 AM
There were some changes made to the way C++ stub were generated, in particular the way nested arrays and array of arrays were handled - in my situation I never could get the 2005 way to work 100% and had to fall back to the old sproxy.exe to generate my stubs.

This may have been issues with the way I used the stubs, but I never investigated fully.
Mar 8, 2007 at 6:32 PM
There is not a simple way to figure out which of all VS2005 checks in may caused this regression. If you have a repro case of the issue (WSDL, generated stub, etc), try debugging it with version of sproxy you may download from here. Also you may open an issue with a repro case on the issue tracker tab. Someone in community may find a solution to the problem.